Atlanta Medical Institute
- Extra Phones:
Phone: (404) 264-9553
- Bariatric Surgery
- Weight Loss Products
- Payment method:
- mastercard, visa, amex, discover
- Buckhead, North Buckhead
- We share an office with Lifespring Anti-aging. Lifespring offers dermal fillers, botox/dysport and a variety of laser and aesthetic treatments.
- Weight Control Services, Physicians & Surgeons, Weight Loss Management, Stress Management & Prevention
- Other Information:
Parking: Validated, Free
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price Range : Average
By Appointment Only: Yes
They offer a variety of quality supplements that don't contain filler. I feel a difference in my health and vitality after using their services such as biofeedback and detox regimens as well. I feel healthy, less sluggish and lost a few pounds also. I would recommend their facility as a jump-start and catalyst to any weight loss program. -CR, Atlanta
The people here seem very knowledgeable about their products and services. They customized a weight loss program that I felt was suited just for me. It was great to be able to receive my weight loss follow-ups and chiropractic adjustments all in one visit. If you are serious about losing weight they have great programs to follow!
06/20/2012Provided by Citysearch -
I went to this place b/c I got the groupon. maybe the groupon affected how my experience was. But I didn't get the same feeling as many of these reviews (the ones about great customer service- in order for it to be great, everyone there needs to be excellent, not just a handful, and it?s not just about being nice, but knowledgeable as well). The first visit I was there for 2 hours! They told me it would be about 30 mins. The face time I probably actually had with someone was 20-30 mins. And the rest was waiting time. I was a little confused about some things that they weren?t explaining well. I just wished that they had been more clear and concise about exactly what my ?package? included and didn?t include as well as with pricing for the things that were recommended but not included. I read a review that had a similar experience where it felt like what they were explaining was included in my program. There was one physician who was helpful at answering my questions and clarified everything for me, finally. They need to be more upfront with their pricing. It?s expensive. Luckily, I?m careful about that stuff so I bluntly ask for specifics. But if you don?t ask, they may not tell you until you?re charged, like from the review I was reading. I'll just highlight the things I liked and didn't.
- I did lose 20 pounds in 6 weeks.
- There were some people that were friendly and helpful.
- The facility was clean and professional.
Not so good/Suggestions/Improvements needed:
- Each time I went, I was seen by different people. It bothered me that there wasn't one or two people assigned to me, who could be more relatable with me.
- I didn't like that they didn't try to find out updates on how I was each visit. They only checked my vitals and weight. I wish they would have consulted me about my diet (if I was sticking to the plan) and what I was doing. I mean they did ask occasionally ""how it was going? and any concerns?"" but with those vague questions it didn?t seem like they really cared about my response (especially with no follow up questions/comments).
- It bothered me how it ended; they didn't offer lab work (blood testing) at the end of the program. It concerns me b/c it makes their program less reliable in the sense that they didn?t care much about the results of my overall health. Since I lost weight, they assumed I became healthier. They didn?t ask questions about how my experience was. It just ended and I left. I felt uneasy leaving but didn?t really know what to do. I called back later in the day and asked about having blood work done to prove results. And it costs $75. But if I write reviews I get $50 off. So I guess $25 isn?t bad for my inquiry.
- My wait time was ridiculous. But it varied. Different visits had different waiting times. Sometimes I was rushed out, which isn?t good either. I just didn?t get a good vibe. I wish they were more concerned about not wasting my time. The first day may have tainted how I viewed this place. (oh. I did fill out the paperwork prior to coming, so there was no reason for me to wait.)
04/23/2012Provided by Citysearch -
I recently bought a Groupon for Dr. Cheng for 40 units of Botox. I've done Botox before, as recent as 8 months ago and the most amount of units ever used on all three areas of my face was 40. When I went in for my appointment Dr. Cheng was insistent that I needed 56 units which seemed extremely high. I tried to convince him that was too many units but he was not interested in hearing my opinion, which made it obvious to me that he wanted to make more money from me then what I paid for my initial deal on Groupon. I went ahead and let him inject the Dysport equivalent of 56 units of Botox and with a few days ended up with my upper eyelids pushing completely down over my eyes to the point my eyes can only open about half way now.
I immediately called the clinic to find out what the Dr. could do to fix the issue. They booked me to come in the following day only to be told by Dr. Cheng that he used too many units in my forehead and there was nothing he could do to fix it. He told me it would ""probably"" improve in the next 2-3 weeks so I just needed to wait. With his supposed expertise in this area it makes no sense to me that he didn't know that was too many units for my face, even when I kept trying to tell him that seemed extremely high in comparison to what I had done in the past. He admitted it was his mistake but didn't even apologize, nor did he offer me a refund or a credit for future services. Instead he just told me to be patient and it would get better, and that ""next time he now knows to use less units."" Next time?? There is definitely not going to be a ""next time"" with this Doctor. In the meantime I'm completely embarrassed by how my eyes look, it has aged me at least 10 years.
Definitely WASN'T worth the savings from the deal.
04/15/2012Provided by Citysearch -
I went to the Atlanta Medical Institute for the first time last week. So far, I have been impressed with the professionalism of the staff and have the sense that I am in good hands. Starting a new program can be stressful, but I am excited to move forward and know that I will have the support I need through the counseling at the clinic.
03/26/2012Provided by Citysearch -
I am very pleased so far with Atlanta Medical Institute. The facility was very clean and the atmosphere was very relaxed. I have to admit I was a little nervous and felt a little insecure about going. Once I arrived the staff was nothing more than fabulous and helped me set up weight loss goals that are achievable.