Irene Wortham Center
- General Info:
- Irene Wortham Center, located in Asheville, NC, specializes in providing a wide range of residential and day services to individuals with developmental disabilities. It operates the Irene Wortham Early Learning Center, a 5-star rated child care facility where children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old receive early intervention, special education, and speech, occupational and physical therapy programs as well as healthy meals and snacks. They also have three Residential Centers that provide 24-hour individualized care and support to children and adults. Irene Wortham Center also offers adult day and vocational services, such as work force supported employment services, and adult day activities and pre-vocational training. Founded in the 1960's, the agency is a local leader in the disability services community, and advocates for the rights and needs of people with developmental disabilities through various national, state and local agencies, as well as through individual and family empowerment programs.
- Disabled Services
- Payment method:
- visa, discover, mastercard, all major credit cards, financing available, insurance, amex, debit, check
- We are located just off Hendersonville Road in South Asheville, near the Shiloh neighborhood.
- 5-star rated child care center, CARF-accredited adult services
- Disability Services, Adult Day Care Centers, Nursing Homes-Intermediate Care Facility, Employment Services-Non Profit, Child Care
- Other Information:
Specialties: Disabled, Non Ambulatory, Physically Disabled, Physical Disabilities