- General Info:
- Recognized by locals as one of the top restaurants in Aptos and Santa Cruz County, Bittersweet Bistro offers an American Bistro Cuisine style dinner menu with Mediterranean influences. Outstanding dessert menu and an award-winning wine list are served in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast, brunch and lunch served daily indoor and on outdoor patio at Cafe Bittersweet. Delicious food is a tradition for Bittersweet Bistro Chef and proprietor Thomas Vinolus, raised in the mid-west in a family that celebrated life and love with food every day. His passion for food is apparent in his innovative menu, bright flavors and fresh, high-quality and natural ingredients. His artistry is obvious in the perfect presentation of every plate. Popular specialties include Fire Roasted Mission Fig Salad, Wild Salmon prepared with a strawberry-chipotle glaze and chili-garlic sauce, Chinese Long Beans and Sliders. Vinolus personally leads his kitchen and runs Bittersweet Bistro restaurant, tavern, catering/banquet facilities and Cafe; Bittersweet, together with his best friend, life and business partner Elizabeth Vinolus. Their active daily management ensures consistent quality and service in every area of the business. Their newly completed remodeling project included a larger outdoor patio featuring elegant landscaping with fountain and Koi pond. The tavern bar is open daily from 3:30 with nightly food and drink specials. Conveniently located right off the Rio Del Mar exit on Highway 1 in Aptos, the restaurant is open seven days a week with dinner service starting at 5:00 pm.
- Payment method:
- amex, master card, visa, mastercard
- From San Francisco/San Jose/Santa Cruz: Take Highway 17 South to Highway 1 South. Take Rio Del Mar exit, turn right at stop sign onto Rio Del Mar Blvd. and right again just past Arco station. From Monterey/Carmel/Watsonville: Take Highway 1 North to Rio Del Mar exit. Turn left at stop sign onto Rio Del Mar Blvd. Then turn right just past Arco station.
- Outdoor patio dining area with fireplace. Lounge and Bar with 10 big screen TVs.
- Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program Aptos Chamber of Commerce
- Restaurants, Bar & Grills, Fine Dining Restaurants, Sports Bars
- Other Information:
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Deli, Burgers, Mediterranean, American, Sandwiches, Italian, European, Diner, Continental, Pizza, Cafe, Omelets
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes