Chilkoot CharliesAdd to mybook
- Do you know the hours for this business?
- General Info:
- Chilkoot Charlie's is among Alaska's favorite bars, featuring a rustic Alaska atmosphere with sawdust-covered floors, three stages, three dance floors and 10 bars. The walls are decorated with band photos and autographs, beer can collections, gags, and Alaska memorabilia. Located in Anchorage, Chilkoot Charlie's opened its doors in 1970 in what was then called The Alibi Club. Live bands come from Alaska and the continental United States occupy the bar with their performances. Chilkoot's has been host or co-host bands and performers including Metallica, Ted Nugent, Bad Company, Bryan Adams, Quiet Riot, Great White, Joe Satriani, The Steve Miller Band, Crosby Stills and Nash, Blues Traveler, Bon Jovi, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Beach Boys, Blue Oyster Cult, The Romantics, Megadeth, Aerosmith, Warrent, Greenday and the Scorpions. In 2000, Chilkoot Charlie's was named the No. 1 Bar in America by Playboy magazine.
- Extra Phones:
Promotions: (907) 279-1692
- 3 Dance Floors, Live Entertainment 7 Nights A Week, Home Of The Bird House Bar, The Russian Room
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards
- Downtown Spenard, Spenard
- 3 ATMs, Handicap Access, Non-Smoking Bar, Outdoor Smoking Patio, Serving food 6pm to Close, T-Shirts and Hats
- Night Clubs, Bars, Cocktail Lounges, Taverns, Banquet Halls & Reception Facilities, Restaurants
Chilkoot Charlie's (a.k.a. 'Koots') is such an awesome hangout. They have sports on the tvs, great music, different themed bars, it's ....awesome. You would think the cheap beer is cheap tasting, but they have a huge selection of great beers on tap for a dollar. A dollar! They also feature Sal's Grill, who has the best pizzas and calzones in Anchorage. To make it even better, Koots has a live band every night, Etting... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse
Since the club scene is limited here in Anchorage, Koots is an alright place to go out drinking and dancing with your friends. The service certainly isn't the best. You have to wait too long for drinks and some of the staff are not very friendly. There doesn't seem to be any ventilation system so it gets extremely smokey and in the summer it can get unbearably hot because it gets so crowded and there is no air condit... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse