Alaska MintAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- My wife Michele and I are the owners and operators of the Alaska Mint. I was 4 years old when my parents moved our family to Alaska from Colorado. They were young and ambitious. After working as a "roughneck" on oil platforms for a while, they had saved up enough money to start a business, a small jewelry shop. My brothers, sisters and I have grown up in the jewelry business, and today each of us specializes in a different aspect of it. Originally, we produced the art work and had medallions manufactured outside of Alaska. In 1990, I started acquiring and assembling the equipment to mint silver and gold medallions right here in Anchorage. We started out with 1 coin design, but soon new designs were being requested as well as related products. Today, we draw the designs, cut, polish and heat treat the dyes. We strike all of the medallions in our location on 4th Avenue in downtown Anchorage. Our medallions are detailed reproductions of original sculptures, many highly collectible with mintage of only 40 to 50 coins per year. We buy raw gold from placer miners, and gold bearing quartz that is mined deep underground. From these natural elements, we fashion beautiful, one-of-a-kind jewelry that is a valuable addition to any collection. While the pieces are rare, they are surprisingly affordable. The items available in our store are either made in our shop, or by some of our dear friends. We are proud of our company history and look forward to share the Alaskan experience through the Alaska Mint.
- Natural Gold JewelrySilver JewelryGold NuggetsGold & Silver BuyersAlaska Mint CoinsAlaskan Made souvenirs starting at $5.00Gold and Silver Bullion
- Alaska Mint
- Payment method:
- cash, amex, check, discover, master card, visa
We are near the corner of 4th and E street, in downtown Anchorage
We specialize in Alaskan jewelry and gift items made from natural gold. We also manufacture silver and gold collectable items, coins, and jewelry. Custom and corporate work is available.
- Coin Dealers & Supplies, Gold, Silver & Platinum Buyers & Dealers, Awards, Jewelers, Engraving, Trophies, Plaques & Medals, Collectibles