Charlies has always been a little higher but I like giving hometown retailers business. Not anymore. Seems like the almighty dollar is the only focus here now. I purchased a high dollar hunting pack and during testing prior to my hunt I found out it has a design fault and constantly squeaks, which doesn't work for a bowhunter. When I took it back I was told I would be charged a restocking fee. When I... view more
Charlie's Sporting GoodsAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- CharlieÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Sporting Goods offers fly fishing classes, Gun Smithing , and rod and reel repair along with a full line of hunting and fishing supplies for beginner or the avid sportsman. CharlieÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s has Fly fishing equipment, guns, bait, safes and tackle.
- Extra Phones:
TollFree: (866) 260-3006
- CharlieÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Sporting Goods offers fly fishing classes, Gun Smithing , and rod and reel repair along with a full line of hunting and fishing supplies for beginner or the avid sportsman. CharlieÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s has Fly fishing equipment, guns, bait, safes and tackle. Charlie's also offers layaways._
- Bait and tackle
- Fly Fishing Classes
- Outdoor clothing
- Beretta, Browning, Daiwa, Fishpond, G Loomis, Glock, Hatch, Kimber, Luopold, Montana Fly, Nikon, Panther martin, Patagomia, Pure fish, Redington, Remington, Rio, Ross, Sage, Scientific Anglers, Shimano, Simms, Springfield, St Croix, Strike knig, TFO, Titan rod lockers, Umpqua, Zebco
- Payment method:
- check, debit, all major credit cards
- North Easterns, Bel-Air
- Fishing Bait, Fishing Tackle, Gun Safety & Marksmanship Instruction, Guns & Gunsmiths, Hunting & Fishing Preserves, Archery Equipment & Supplies, Sporting Goods
Charlies is a mixed bag. most of the time they are very service orientated, but I had one bad experience years ago with one of their gunsmiths. ( I will go to use their gunsmith shop again) also a little pricey on some stuff, but they don't hide it, its right on the tag. go in eyes wide open, right?Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I was put on to Charlie's Sporting Goods six years ago. What strikes me most is the ability to do business. Charlie has the guns well marked ""new"", 'used"" or ""consignment"". There is no mistake on what you are purchasing. (And remember, all NEW guns have been fired from the manufacturer before hitting the stores.)
The attitudes of the employees is great. Everyone wants to help.
In my ... view more
They always have my .410 ammo, and don't waste my time. However, when I do want to waste some time their staff is knowledgeable and they are approachable with out being too overbearing.\r
I am always very price-point concious and they always humor me by listening.
Charlie's is a great place whether you are a novice or an expert outdoors sportsman. I have been doing business with Charlie for countless years!\r
The one negative review listed here is from someone that doesn't have any experience in firearms. All guns are test fired at the factory and not cleaned prior to shipment for multitude of reasons, one being to attest that they work and that they were test fired.\r
Frie... view more
I’ve used Charlie’s for over 17 years to meet my hunting and fishing needs. They are the go-to place in the state for good information and solid customer service. Prices may not be the lowest around but it is worth any extra you pay, if any, for the service they provide. If you want it, they can fix you up. From fixing broken fly rods, to great advice on selecting shotguns, and everyday fly fishing supplies, they are... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I was lucky enough to find Charlie's when I first moved here in the summer of 1980. I was a much younger man then and even slighlty worried the staff wouldn't be accepting of my many questions from a young kid with shaggy hair....I couldn't have been more wrong! They went above and beyond! Not only did they take the time to answer all my questions but, they even pulled out a large map to show me exactly where to go d... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Recently, I was in the market for a new handgun and a couple buddy's of mine recommended that I go to Charlie's. They were very insistent that it was the best gun store in Albuquerque with a knowledgeable and friendly staff, so being a sucker, I took their advice. At the time I didn't know too much about firearms, I did some research on some pistols and found one that would fit my budget; to my 'luck' Charlie's had o... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
I have been a customer of Charlies for many years.
20 years ago, just prior to joining the Army, Chuck made a fly rod for me from a blank I purchased from him. While fishing in Washington State for Salmon I broke off the rod tip. I called him and he told me to send it back to him. Two weeks later I was back on the river with a new rod. He only charged me for the shipping cost. When ever I returned to NM to fish th... view more